Excellent Tips for New Agents (Part 2)
13 februari, 2012 -
A few weeks ago I had the pleasure to meet Nicki Thompson, one of our Top Producers in Arvada, Colorado. Nicki joined RE/MAX in 2008, right at the start of the real estate tsunami and economic recession. During these difficult times, she has been a success story and has earned the 100% Club Award during 2009, 2010, and 2011. So I took the opportunity to ask her what tips she would give to Agents starting in our noble industry. This is what she responded:
- Be prepared for significant ups and downs, mostly during the first two years of your real estate career.
- Educate yourself about what matters to your clients. Education will increase your self-confidence, and when you are self-confident you can achieve anything that you want!
- Prepare to work long hours; this is not an easy career but it is one with significant satisfaction.
- It takes a while for your sphere of influence to realize that you are serious about your career. So many people come and go that you can’t really blame them. Demonstrate your commitment by sharing even the smallest achievement with them.
- Using cutting edge technology makes a point and increases your credibility. Arm yourself with the latest tools such as an iPad and a iPhone.
- Remember that referrals are the best form of clients that you will work with. So don’t just expect to receive them, be proactive at promoting your referral generation system.
- Whatever marketing program you decide to use, give it at least 6 months to allow it to gain traction. If you get results in less than 6 months, so much the better; but this shouldn’t be your expectation.
- And finally, be creative with your Facebook posts. Rather than posting listings information, for example, highlight only the most relevant feature of your listing and post something like “The family room in this listing I took today is simply phenomenal! Look at it!” This will be less intrusive, and your friends will appreciate the low impact marketing effort.
Spending time with Nicki was a pleasure and a privilege. We are honored to have professionals like her in our network.