Excellent Tips for New Agents (Part 1)
13 februari, 2012 -
I recently had a cup of coffee with David Simonson, RE/MAX Agent in Colorado that has had a very successful career. David started in real estate in 2003 and joined RE/MAX in 2007. He has achieved the 100% Club Award during three consecutive years (2008, 2009, 2010). The 2011 results are not out yet.
During our pleasant conversation I asked David what tips he would give a person that is just starting his career with RE/MAX. These are the valuable tips that he shared:
- Clients want to work with Agents that know what they are doing, so it is important to educate yourself from the beginning.
- The best results are achieved by working with your “sphere of influence,” which is the circle of family members, friends, and acquaintances. Being active in civic and religious activities also works.
- It is possible that the people in your sphere of influence do not take you seriously at the beginning, so you must be explicit in letting them know that this is a serious commitment, not just a part-time effort or a hobby.
- One never knows who will end up buying or selling a house, so you need to treat all candidates as though they were an A candidate.
- Be prepared for hard work; this is not an easy business and it will define your character.
- People that make it in this business are those that are proactive to get new clients all the time. Do not just sit waiting for the phone to ring.
- If a marketing effort is worth doing, it is worth doing with excellence.
- Find a match between your career and your personal interests. For example, if you are interested in any particular hobby, promote your business among like-minded people.
- You have the privilege of defining your clientele. Take advantage of this. Select the people that you work with, in terms of seriousness and affinity.
Sharing a moment with this true professional was a privilege. We are proud to have David aboard!